Saturday 4 October 2008

Maybe no one will notice...


So, this project was going well, with the cables proving easier than they first appeared and things flying along quite nicely. The wool was wonderful, buttery soft and thick, and there I was knitting away like a wild thing to produce two thick aran socks of wintry warmth. Hoorah!



Anyone guess what really happened? Um...



No, the heels were fine, I didn't mess those up, or wear them out in my sleep as before... It was something else...



Yes, I ran out of wool.

I quite like the oddness. I could start a trend.


Pattern: Log Cabin Socks from 'Handknit Holidays' by Anne Woodbury
Yarn: Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Aran in Cedar (with a touch of Juniper*)
Needles: 4.0 mm
3 skeins = 285.0 yards (260.6m)

(*well, at least I kept it arboreal)

No comments: