Sunday 21 September 2008

All done bar the Kitchener


Fascine Braid sock in progress, originally uploaded by GreenPea6.

Please can someone teach me to do Kitchener stitch?

This Fascine Braid sock is all finished apart from grafting the toe. I've tried following every video and every book diagram and still I end up with a lumpy, entirely visible join. It has occurred to me that I may have diagram-lexia. Perhaps I will simply invent a new method entirely for finishing toes. Alternatively I may start a fashion for open-toed socks.

  • Yarn: 100% merino wool Laine Claude, "Penelope" colourway, by Tricoquelicot; 1 skein (100g = c 430 yards)
  • Needles: 3.00 mm (I use magic loop so circular, but Tiennie's pattern is for DPNs)


This yarn from Japan is wonderfully squishy (such a good technical term).

2 comments:

Edgar said...

No, I can't teach the Kitchener stitch, but i can say wahay, new blog - finally

Anonymous said...

knit off, purl on, purl off, knit on...

You will understand someday! Someone wrote that on a sticky note for me when I was learning the Kitchener Stitch and I kept that note to refer to for several years.

I've signed up to follow your blog! Perhaps if I'd had "followers" when I had a short-lived blog, I might have kept it up a little while longer!

Stop Coughing! ;)